Lady Melbourne logo

Lady Melbourne has a new home!

You should automatically be redirected to my new site in just a few seconds:
http://www.ladymelbourne.com.au

30.10.08

Time is coming to an end....

I thought I might update this post with photos of what I have bought in Prague as I know you are all eager to hear about Paris!
As I have mentioned previously, there isn't a great deal in the way of clothing here in Prague, I've found one second hand shop but it's mainly 'recent' second hand stuff and nothing really vintage or pre- 1980.
So instead I have invested in literature and art which is a second love of mine and below are some images of some of the prints I have bought.
I fell in love with the lot you see above me. One observer pointed out 'Yeah, you can really see Prague from those photos!' and although they aren't of the scenery I think they perfectly capture the essence of the city and perhaps what Prague might have been like 100 years ago.

The famous brooch that so many of you have asked for a close up of! 90CZK which equals about $7AUS.





Beautiful shops like this called 'antikvariat' sell pre-Soviet memorabilia. I hate to use the word memorabilia as the shop was filled with the most incredible collection of prints, letters, stamps, postcards, posters, coasters, books, ex-libris and other snap shots of life in Czechoslovakia from the last 150 years. I spent over an hour in the shop fossicking through the piles and boxes of just incredible paper artefacts and you can see some of what I purchased here.
The shot below is the card from the shop if any of you are in or visiting Prague.




It is almost time for me to leave wonderful Prague but I am off to a wonderful part of the world...Paris!
Ballet Flats: Jadd, David Jones


Share/Save/Bookmark

18 comments:

MISS GLITZY said...

So welcome in Paris! Maybe we'll run into each other. It could be fun.

Anonymous said...

Cool photo :)

diamondsinchampagne said...

Omg I am soooo jealous! Paris is my top desitination to visit.
Have fun (love your flats)

Clare said...

Oh! You lucky duck! Have fun! :)

Neroli said...

ooh, how I miss Paris! Take a walk over Pont Neuf and light a candle at Notre Dame for me!

emsydo said...

ahhhhh paris!!! i can not wait to hear about paris..and i can't wait to see the pics.

Unknown said...

argh! I love Paris!!! if only there was some sort of blog widget which could take all of us commenters with you.

Fashion Tidbits said...

ARGH!! lucky you!

IKS said...

save trip and enjoy :D

Penny said...

ohhh take LOADS of photos when you are in paris. i miss it so much!! glad you are having fun still xx

Kira Aderne said...

wow!!
Fantastic trips all over the great places in the world! I am so happy that you are having a great time!

enjoy my friend!

see you,
Kira

Anthea said...

Oh I hope you buy buy buy! Enjoy :)

Miss_Red said...

OOh you lucky thing! Can't wait to see your pics from Paris

WendyB said...

It's hard to complain about being in Paris!

Anonymous said...

We are waiting for photos form Paris.

Anonymous said...

Paris is beautiful city.isn't it?

SHIZUKA said...

oh how lucky you are to be in Paris!! i am eagerly waiting for photos! x

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

arilike, whatever!