Lady Melbourne logo

Lady Melbourne has a new home!

You should automatically be redirected to my new site in just a few seconds:
http://www.ladymelbourne.com.au

10.4.09

LADY MELBOURNE'S RULES OF CIVILITY

It's been a while since I've done one of these posts, and not because your questions don't flow through my in box, but I just don't seem to get around to posting them. Remiss of me I'm sure because I know you are all bursting with plenty of wisdom so I'm throwing this one over to you dear readers!


Dear Lady Melbourne,
I've been reading your blog for a year or so now and it's one of my favourites - especially being a Melbourne girl myself! And I now have a favour to ask you. I'm getting married in July and my mother is having trouble finding a mother of the bride outfit. We are after something simple but stylish, and a little more up-to-date than the typical matching skirt and jacket ensemble. Ideally we would like to find a nice dress, for around $300, but with hemlines very short this season it is hard to find anything that sits below the knee! I was wondering if you could recommend any local places to look? So far we have tried all the usual chain stores with little success, so any advice would be appreciated!
Many thanks,
K


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me throw out a recommendation for "Red Lantern" on Bridge Road. They've got a lovely selection of clothing that might just fit the bill

Unknown said...

Have a look in David Jones in the city I reckon, I know that it may be slightly more mainstream but there may be a greater selection? Or else, my mum really loves Sash in High St, Kew.