Lady Melbourne logo

Lady Melbourne has a new home!

You should automatically be redirected to my new site in just a few seconds:
http://www.ladymelbourne.com.au

8.2.10

Twirling like a crazy woman

I found this book under the stairs on the weekend, half read with a book mark in the middle. I'm not sure why I would have put it down(probably in the midst of studying last year) because it's quite entertaining. If you haven't read French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano then I would recommend it as the best non-diet diet book around.


I was going to head outside to take my photos today but we are sweltering in 34 degree weather so I am indoor bound.
I like a little breeze to show off the full circle of this skirt but a twirl I realised can suffice. Thank god for curtains so the neighbours can't see me twirling in the lounge room like a crazy woman.

Bag: Inherited
Skirt: I made it! Just do a search for 'circle skirt' and previous posts will come up
Singlet: H&M
Heels: Barkins
Belt: Far East Plaza, Singapore


Share/Save/Bookmark

18 comments:

Madeline Veenstra said...

Gorgeous! Love this skirt :)

Anthea said...

Beautiful dress!

Cotton Socks said...

I bought this book a couple of years ago but never got around to reading it.
I have to find it again and give it another go.

i love the suprise of yellow on the shoes.

MannequinMe said...

I really like your shoes, and even more so because they're from Barkins!

X

Faux Fuchsia said...

This outfit has such a pretty summery 1950s feel. Love the bag.

Mae said...

Ohhh I love the circle skirt - so swishy! (not sure if that is a real word, will have to check later).
Thanks for the book recommendation, sounds interesting!
Hopefully this hot weather goes away soon, I know I'm looking forward to it!
Stay cool Lady M :)
x

She Wore It Well said...

Loving the skirt!!

Princess of many sorts. said...

Hi:)
The book is really good, read it last year,,,and instantly started walking all over the place...:)

Have a nice day, SP

Krista said...

I love your outfit, so simple and feminine but one of my fave's you have posted :) As soon as I saw the shoes I was dyeing to know where they are from, can't believe it's Barkins!

SHIZUKA said...

cute! i love the belt :) agree, thank god to curtains haha i sometimes wish i had my own little photo studio! x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous skirt, looks extra lovely with that belt xx

Mylie said...

The bag is wonderful =]

www.myliestylin.com

Cindy Van Dyck said...

Great look! I love your shoes.





* PLEASE CHECK MY BLOG *
http://glamour-bbey.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

that skirt is so lovely!!! xoxo

www.paraphernaliainyourcloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

The belt is too cute =)

Flit About said...

I love those shoes! They are a complimentary surprise to any of your outfits I think!

Author said...

I was thinking about that book yesterday - I remember skimming through it years ago and liking the philosophy. As a French woman trapped in an Australian woman's body, who is anti diet and also abhors doing a weekly shop at a supermarket, I think it's the book for me. Thanks for reminding me about it. BTW - Love your work.

First House on the Right said...

Have been away from the blogging world for awhile and am catching up on all my favourites...have really missed lady melbourne. I read it for sheer pleasure as my interest in fashion is purely personal as it has nothing to do with my day job. Love it! Nicolexx