Lady Melbourne logo

Lady Melbourne has a new home!

You should automatically be redirected to my new site in just a few seconds:
http://www.ladymelbourne.com.au

4.3.10

Imagination Clothing Exchange, Sunday March 7th

I'm extremely excited about this event that's happening this Sunday March 7th in Melbourne, and Saturday March 13th in Sydney- the Honda Jazz Imagination Clothing Exchange!!


Rather than me trying to explain the ins and outs of how it works you can click on the links below, but bascially you arrive with 5 items you own that you are prepared to swap, and leave with 5 new items after the exchange. I love, love, love this kind of thing!

I'll be going down, not sure if I'll be swapping much because one of the rules is that the clothes you bring must be no more than one year old- most of my closet is at least 20 years old!!
What will you be swapping?


Not to be forgotten, here are the details for my Sydney friends:


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i'll be in melbourne this weekend and would love to come to this but only have carry on luggage :( so i can't bring wonderful things to swap!

xx

Lucinda said...

I'm heading to the Sydney event. I have quite a few almost new items that I picked up on a whim during last year's sales. I love the idea of swapping clothes but I've never done it before.

www.thriftandthread.potduck.com

Rosie Unknown said...

This is why I wish I lived in Melbourne, or just Australia in general! Nothing cool like that ever happens in easter Canada!

Unknown said...

I love this idea! Except all the items I'd want to swap are unfortunately more than one year old.
Lady M, I saw you on Lygon St today, looking stylish as always! x

Ellie said...

I'm with you... One of the few times a mostly
vintage closet is not so flash!

Flit About said...

What a fantastic idea! I wish I had known earlier, so I could go! It's a shame that you can't bring vintage treasures, but at the same time I understand they have to draw the line somewhere so people don't bring anything too worn and well-used!

FairyFiligree said...

I really like this picture - really well choreographed! Prosit:)

Bianca said...

I wish I lived down under, so I could get in on the fun...

Lady Melbourne said...

selena- damn!! I hope its a lot of fun, maybe you can make the next one.

Lucinda- me neither, but I love the concept. Let me know what the Sydney event is like.

Rosie Unknown- oh dear! Could you start something yourself perhaps?

Lauren- you did?! You should have said hello!

Ellie- he he, I hear you!

Flit About- you might be able to bring great quality authentic vintage, I'm not really sure. The rules are good though.

FairyFiligree- ta!

元素- thanks!

B.- there isn't anything like this where you are? Shame!