Lady Melbourne logo

Lady Melbourne has a new home!

You should automatically be redirected to my new site in just a few seconds:
http://www.ladymelbourne.com.au

11.4.07

Oak Bank Racing Carnival, Easter 2007

I am a firm believer that if you're going to go to the races you should do it properly. Hats, gloves, dresses with realistic hem lines, it may be old fashioned but why wear anything but race wear at the races?
So with that in mind I set off to find out what people had come up with at Adelaide's' Easter racing carnival Oak Bank. Although I am a traditionalist, I soon learnt that all of the above was not compulsory for country racing, and was absolutely delighted to come across these well dressed gals below. I saw my fair share of Supre inspired 'racing attire,' but as I pointed out to one quiet tired and emotional young man that kept trying to get into every photo I tried to snap of his female companions- 'of course I can take your photo, it doesn't mean it will be posted.' Of course you can look like your going out clubbing, doesn't mean you will look stylish...
Behold Adelaide racing style:





Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: